Beards 4 Boobs
While there are plenty reasons to let your facial hair grow, we have to say the best an most rewarding would be to fight cancer. You might have heard of No Shave November but many men have adopted similar concepts for October in support of national breast cancer awareness month.
However, like all awareness campaigns, the scope of support goes much beyond the 31 days of the month. Now a days, beardsman have found all kinds of ways to advocate for cancer awareness from dying their beards pink to shaving off every bit of hair on their head and face to raise money for their cause. This blog is dedicated to all the beards supporting the fight against cancer and growing out thier hair for those who can’t.
Are You Aware?
How much do you actually know about breast cancer? This quiz from the American Cancer Society can help you test your knowledge.
The Numbers - Breast Cancer Statistics
According to the World Cancer Research Fund, breast cancer is the most common cancer among women worldwide. 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. On average, every 2 minutes a women is diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States.
The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2022 about 287,850 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women and that about 43,250 women will die from breast cancer.
How You Can Support The Cause
- Here are some simple ways you can get involved:
- Participate in growing a beard or mustache with no-shave november, movember or a similar foundation
- When people ask about your beard, use it as an opportunity to start a conversation about breast and prostate cancer awareness
- Donate money to an existing cancer campaign or verified research fund
- Purchase merchandise that increases awareness, research, or supports those fighting
- Join a walk or run to raise funds
- Wear pink during the month of October for breast cancer awareness or Teal during the month of November for prostate awareness
- Create your own fundraiser surrounding beards locally to support
If you feel like you want to do more, why not be your own hometown hero by starting a unique campaign involving your beard. Between social media and the internet, gaining attention and traction with a fun idea has never been easier.
Here are some of our favorite ideas we have seen to get your creativity flowing:
- A local washington man dyed his hair pink and created a shave or save campaign to have donator decide weather he will keep the beard or shave it all off.
- A trivia night team created a calendar with their bearded photos and donated all the profits to the american cancer society.
- Instead of just shaving all thier facial hair off at the end of the month, this office hosted a wacky beard and hair contest on social media to see who could pull off the craziest style.
Of course, in order to use your beard to raise money and awareness for breast cancer you will need to grow one. If this is your first time attempting to grow a beard, we have put together a list of resources to help you on your journey.
- Best Tips and Tricks to make your beard grow faster
- New Beard: Top 10 Things You Should Know
- Beard Oil vs Balm
- How to Use Beard Oil
- How To Shape A Beard: Styling, Trimming, and Shaving